I e-mailed all the parents in Parker's class and asked them to have their child make two birthday wishes for Mrs. Wheeler. They sent them to me and I typed them up, cut them into strips and placed them in individual covered matchboxes. After Mrs. Wheeler opened the gift, she handed the boxes out to each kid and they read their wishes and put the box back into the jar. Of course, I cutied up the jar which is a plastic salsa jar from Sam's. Yes, I bleached it out.
I also made another project which the kids unknowlingly helped me with. I will post pictures of it as soon as she hangs it in the room. We also gave her a bunch of menus from local restaurants and told her to make her choice and we would bring her lunch. And finally, we brought birthday cookies for the kids. I'm blogging about this because I think people are always looking for ideas for teachers. None of these things cost very much but they were all fun and special. Now I'm going to go take a nap. :-)

1 comment:
What a great and thoughtful idea. As a former teacher I know that it will be very appreciated.
Ruth
Post a Comment