Friday, June 12, 2009

Garage Sale Finds

Every Monday, Rhoda at Southern Hospitality hosts a Thrifty Treasures party. I love it because it shows me what to look for at garage sales. These parties have opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of someone elses "junk"!
My garage sales finds today include:

wreath with ugly yellow bow: $1.00 Still has the $35.00 tag on it though I doubt that anyone actually paid that for it.

lamp: 50 cents. It works but it needs a shot of spray paint.

8 Eric Carle books for a total of 80 cents.

Ozzie Smith folder for Parker 25 cents.

bread pan: 10 cents

T-shirt for me: $1.00

tote bag: $1.00 I was needing something smallish to take to ball games and this one is waterproof--even better!

Total: $4.65

Nothing super amazing, but I didn't spend much either! The boys are totally into garage sale-ing now and want to keep going and going. Unfortunately, there aren't always a whole lot around these parts. I should mention that Parker bought a Star Wars crayola set for $3.00 and Jack got some Legos for $1.00 and a stuffed dog for 50 cents.
Photobucket

19 comments:

~ Jill ~ said...

nice finds! I really like Eric Carle! My younger guy loves garage sales too - Th is a big day here and when I'd pick him up from school he'd ask "is it garage sale day?" - he is 5 and we had to put him on a budget! He'd want to buy something at every sale! LOL ;)

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I see the Grouchy Ladybug in that stack...I used to love to tell that at storytime!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very nice finds! I love that you are teaching your kids to yardsale & they love it too. Great way to teach kids about handling money & how much things cost.

★Carol★ said...

Great finds! Be glad that we don't find amazing things at every sale--our houses would all be bursting at the seams!
It's good that your kids like the sales. When my daughter was little, she would look for the old ceramic poodles everywhere. It kept her interested while I was looking, and ten years later, she sold those poodles on Ebay for lots of $$!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I love that you garage sale shopped with your boys. It certainly will keep you going longer, but can cost you extra money!!!!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Good deals! Spray paint can work wonders. :)
Glenda

ellen b said...

You did good Sara! I love a bargain and you spotted some goodies! Have a great week. I'm joining in for the first time this week :0)

bj said...

I love garage sales..and you found some great items here.

The Tattered Cottage said...

You found some great deals. My youngest, is 17 and he loves to go with me to yard sales, etc. He collects knives and swords and loves when he gets one at a bargain.
Toni

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Fun finds! I just joined the linky party too. We both have boys the same age. Too bad we don't live close! We could garage sale together. My boys enjoy it too.

marmielu said...

Wreaths are always a temptation for me, and so great because you can take everything off and do what you want. You found lots of stuff for a great price.
Mary Lou

Jadehollow said...

Great Finds.. I was so glad my husband decided to go along with me.. I think that made it much more special.

sara@augustfields said...

eric carle SCORE! those are a favorite in our house :) you did good!

Beca said...

Looks like you made out good. Lots of neat items. I love to find lamps at yard sales. It's my favorite thing to buy. Chairs too.

Barbara Jean said...

Gotta love those garage sales!!
Good your kids like to go.
Good training for use of money.

Lamp looks like it will be very cute painted up. I've really got a thing for lamps.
blessings,
Barbara Jean

Unknown said...

For the price you scored some really nice things Sara!

It's great that your boys enjoy it, makes it easier for you (and of course them learning about money and value).

Have a lovely week!

Tina

Tammy said...

Great score! I loved finding deals when my girls were little.

Caro said...

I love when I can find something for everyone when I got yard saling!! My fave for the kids are always books :)
great finds!

Patricia said...

LOVE Eric Carle books
What a great find!