
Meet my own little Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. (We are reading Tom Sawyer right now so I can take the boys to Hannibal this fall--love that place!) We went to a park/nature preserve area very near our house today with the intention of hiking, but when we saw the water, we changed the plan to just playing in the creek. This is actually a very low bridge that almost always has water flowing over it. (You drive right through the water.)

I was thrilled to introduce my boys to the joys of catching minnows! Luckily we had some cups in the car which make very good minnow catchers. Like most fishing, the key is patience so I'm the one who actually did the catching. The water was COLD because it's been pretty cool the past few days. I was worried sick that they would slip and fall, but they were cautious enough to be safe but still had fun.



2 comments:
Let me know when you go next time and I'll send Tommy...maybe then he'll stop playing in the toilet!
Great pics and journaling! You are creating great memories for your kids which they will hopefully grow up and reflect upon some day. Then one day they'll pass on traditional things like that to their own children. There is a place in northern Wisconsin where my grandmother had a summer cabin (kinda like "On Golden Pond") in which I learned a lot about fishing,hiking, berry picking and what not to do around a bear. I want to take the boys there some day to see the area so that I can reminince with them. To me, that's what it's all about.
Post a Comment